Senior Java Consultant
This a top-tier investment bank which has its regional head office in central Tokyo, and is famous for its exceptional financial services and consulting. It employs over 20,000 staff worldwide, and the firm in Japan is one of the oldest. Due to increasing business demands, they are now looking for a Senior Java Consultant.
Your new role
Your main responsibility will be implementing new functionalities to the strategic system and domestic applications, managing the project life cycle from the analysis phase to deployment. Propose technical solutions to meet users and IT teams’ needs, provide level 2 and 3 support, and report to a local and/or remote manager.
- Experienced in C or core java (J2SE 1.6 or above) programming and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of java API/language features (i.e., Memory management, multithreading, collections framework)
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in developing large scale server-side, multithreaded, distributed applications using core java/J2SE (not J2EE)
- In depth-knowledge of Design patterns, Agile methodologies, Spring framework, Apache Camel, Maven, Gitlabs, and testing frameworks
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work independently on tasks and projects.
- Native or similar level of Japanese required.
- Development experience in C or C++
- Experience working in the financial industry.
What you’ll get in return
A competitive salary with an opportunity to work with new technologies and versatile core java developers at one of the largest financial groups in Japan.